Friday, January 2, 2015

MY.HEART.BROKE

If any of you have been with me in public, I try to avoid as many people as possible. I am out to do a certain thing and get it over with. Today I was faced with the harsh reality of life..
 
I went to Kohls for some ME time. While minding my own business, these ladies kept ending up near me NO MATTER WHERE I WENT. I figured, if they were talking loudly, they didn't mind me listening. They were talking how they couldn't believe their church had a Christmas Eve service. {{I kind of rolled my eyes..((in my pity party again)) because I wish that was all I had to worry about}} I walked over to the bedding and continued to look around. What do you know, THERE THEY WERE AGAIN! They were talking about how a girl who (and I quote) "came to church looking like she was out partying all night. I can't believe she would come to church showing that much skin." **Side note I grew up in a conservative church and I'm thankful for it. No telling what I would be like if I didn't have that structure growing up** I naturally giggled because I've been those women before. I've been THAT judgmental person. I continued to the shoes, and guess who's there? You got it. I overhear them saying how that nobody spoke to her and she sat alone at the back of the church. MY.HEART.BROKE! How can we as "Christians" be this judgmental? Who are we to cast the first stone? How can we treat strangers in the drive-thru windows better than someone at church?
 
 
I am sitting at work just in shock. I can't help but think of the Casting Crowns song "Does Anybody Hear Her".  {{She is running a hundred miles an hour in the wrong direction..She is trying...but the canyon's ever widening..in the depths of her cold heart..So she sets out on another misadventure just to find..she's another two years older and she's three more steps behind}} 
 
 
 
 
With this being said, do we see? Do we hear? It hit me like a ton of bricks. How many people have I passed by because of my judgmental glances? How many lives have I had to chance to "save" yet I chose to keep walking by because of how they looked? [[to clarify I was not raised this way..if you know my mom, you know she has more friends than anyone I know]]
 
Those people we just walk by BELONG to someone. They could be a dad, brother, son, mother, sister, daughter, etc. All they need is for someone to care, for someone to hear. I challenged myself to stop caring about society and how they view people, but to care for people like they were my mom or dad.
 
Happy Friday.
 
 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” John 8:7


1 comment:

  1. I love your blog already! I miss seeing y'all on Sundays but it's so nice to be able to read this and feel like we've had a chance to catch up :) I find your words refreshing!

    ReplyDelete