Tuesday, February 10, 2015

God will fight

<backstory>

As many of you know, Jonathon and I have found home. We started searching for a church about two years ago. We visited a few and met some WONDERFUL people along the way. His aunt, Judi Smith, had been asking us to visit with her (Fort Mill Church of God) for a while. From the moment we walked in, it was home. 

<Fast forward 8 months...>

Last Sunday, we attended our normal class, The Path, and I never expected to be so touched by one statement. The statement was "He [God] will fight for us when we no longer can." WOW, this hit me like a ton of bricks. We talked about being disciples and how to do so, you must surrender ALL to Him. I fought back tears the whole class because I KNEW I couldn't do it on my own. (you moms know what I'm talking about - super mom). 

As we entered the church service I could feel a sweet spirit across the gathering of His people. I felt Him telling me Sam, give it up. I kept telling him NO. That still small voice kept telling me over and over, "I have this under control, just surrender it to me." Like any stubborn women, I told him no again. Bishop Kemp was nearing the end of service and he completely changed directions. Guess what to...you got it - surrendering all to Him. It was then, I realized I can't do it alone and it was time to let go and let God. I felt a weight of 1,000 bricks lift off of my shoulders. I felt a new and refreshing outlook on life and love come over me. 

 These past few months have been the biggest challenge I have faced in my Christian walk. I am here to say I promise you can make it. Don't give up just yet because when we can't go another mile He [God] is there to take over.

That thought overwhelms me. He is still standing there with loving arms open wide for when we decide "to come home". We reject Him daily, yet He still sent His Son to die for us. We turn our backs on him and think we know best. Yet, He still loves us enough to plea for us when we don't know what way to turn.


We serve an awesome, merciful, just and wonderful God.

No comments:

Post a Comment