Thursday, March 5, 2015

The Road Not Taken

Many may not know, but I LOVE to read and write. I'm not perfect, shocker, and I have a hard time expressing my feelings. When I try to talk about conflicting issues, my words get jumbled into a downward spiraling train wreck. {{I have a HUGE fear of public speaking}} In college, I was told by my English professor, "When words aren't enough, write. When you're broken and have nobody to talk to, write. When you feel you're going to explode with emotion, write. Keep the book you write in and occasionally glance through it."



I took his advice and I write. I have a book, my secret book, I write things in when I need to. [[My husband doesn't even know this exist - until now]] It has things such as: prayers, words, recipes, names, Bible verses, quotes, book titles, poems and feelings.

Lately, I have found myself stuck in a rut. A dirty, muddy and just plain nasty rut. You know what I'm talking about. I've been rough, hard and short tempered. I figured it was time to write. When I opened my book, I came across my favorite poem 'The Road not Taken' by Robert Frost. I read over the faded and smuggled words. I found this traced over many times "two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference".



Recently I have been faced, directly and indirectly, with adversity and things greater than I. I have often questioned the circumstances. I have found myself questioning God and why He does things to good people. I am wrong for this because He has a greater purpose.

So, I am learning everyday to chose the road less traveled. I am learning it's not my place to question a Holy and sovereign God. I am learning some storms of life we are given aren't meant for our understanding. I'm also learning how we handle those storms can effect someones eternity.



Which brings me to this, when faced with the difficulty which road will you take? I hope I am strong enough, not only spiritually but morally and ethically, to choose the 'one less traveled'.


No comments:

Post a Comment